Consistently recognized for transparency in the non-profit space.
NONPROFIT SERVING VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES IN NEW JERSEY AND FLORIDA
Who We Are
Project Help is a support system for veterans and their families who need help during and after their transition from military to civilian life. We are an all volunteer organization with 100% of donations going toward solving the financial problems of veterans.
- We believe that every veteran should look forward to a positive future and another mission to discover.
- We are here to lend a helping hand for as long as we are needed.
- We are committed to making the transition easier giving veterans the best opportunity for a successful, productive and happy life after service.
Who We Serve
- ALL veterans' both men and women from any war
- Homeless and at-risk veterans
- Veterans with verifiable need for financial assistance in New Jersey & Florida only
- Veterans with non-financial assistance needs
- Honorable discharge not required
Contact us to learn how we can help!
More than 52,000 servicemen and women were physically injured in recent military conflicts. 500,000 are living with invisible wounds, from depression to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). 320,000 are experiencing debilitating brain trauma.
- Approximately 35% of combat vets have a lifetime incidence of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Others suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other mental disorders
- Physical trauma leading to a lifetime of hardship
- Wartime injuries lead to unemployment & underemployment
- Financial hardship, legal issues, housing and other difficulties are common
- Addiction is all too common
This is real and a national disgrace.
Our mission at Project Help is to change these numbers one veteran at a time.
How Can You Help
In The News
A soldier's tragic end: How a car sale gone bad took Hayden Harris' life
World War II Veteran Letters
Jim’s letter from Sulzbach, Germany 1945
Gene Newman, 90, a columnist, blogger and veteran recently joined Project Help as a volunteer working with veterans in need of emotional support. Recently he came across letters written by his brother Jim, a World War II Veteran, while fighting in Europe.
These letters speak from the heart about the day to day life in the trenches. They serve as eye-openers about the bravery of our soldiers and the horror of war.
We hope to share more of these letters as they become available so check back often!
Project Help has been a huge blessing for me, after going through a couple of challenging years of losing everything and having no place to live. When I finally got my apartment, Project Help paid one month’s rent for me. Not only was PH ready to help but Sandy put me in touch with people/organizations ready to help a Veteran in need.
I’m so grateful for PH helping me at a pivotal, intricate time. Especially during the time when many of the larger organizations declined to help. Something that I will never forget about Project Help is that Sandy got to know me personally and she was able to connect me with amazing people who were eager to help me and go far beyond the call of duty. As a Veteran, it is important for me to know that Project Help is supported and able to continue their work, because they truly have a heart to help Veterans. Sandy, Thank you times a million! ~Rita, Army veteran
Veteran Owned Business Member – our business is a proud member of the Veteran Owned Business Project. VOB is the leading FREE network portal of over 400,000 supporters and nearly 40,000 businesses owned by military veterans (VOB), active duty military, reservists, service disabled veteran owned businesses (SDVOSB) and military spouses of the United States Army, Air Force (USAF), Marine Corps (USMC), Navy (USN), Coast Guard (USCG), Space Force (USSF) and National Guard. Join us in showing your support for our armed forces by proudly searching for products and services that are all made by, sold by or serviced by past/present members of the United States military community!